How to create a new post – instructions

1. Please give your photograph a creative title – I might have called this one “Battle” or something. (witty pun titles are even better)
  2. Between the text box and the title, there is an “add media” icon. Select the  file and place it at the TOP of this text area (you can move it around or easily resize it). This will appear inside your post on top of your writing.
  3. On the bottom left, click “set featured image” then click on your image and “set” to attach it. If you can’t find the photo, filter by “images attached to this post.” This will appear as the “cover” to your blog post.
  4. Next, find your name in the categories, and check it off. IF “uncategorized” is checked, uncheck it.
  5. Format – leave at the default “standard”
  6. Tags – follow the instructions for tags. Pay attention to the space and correct spelling. We will NOT use hashtags.
  7. Add the stats for the photo at the beginning of this writeup, below the photo. Mine are f/3.3, 1/5 second, ISO 200.
  8. For every post, you must write a MINIMUM 100 word post. The count shows below. Write about how you composed the photo, the elements  used in your composition, and any challenges you had to overcome. Here is an example: I composed this photo on the island in my kitchen. I created some front lighting with the lights that I had available. The black fridge in the background gave me a nice contrast of colour with my main subjects. Because of the slow shutter speed, I steadied the camera on my counter and used manual focus to attempt to focus on the subject’s “eyes” while creating a small depth of field, which helped create an empahasis on the subjects. The straight-on angle was important, as it makes the viewer feel as if they are “in” the action. The biggest challenge was to manually focus on both subjects, as they are at a slightly different depth in the photo. Although they are obviously still, there is action implied in the photo, which makes the image successful. At least my son, who arranged the lego, enjoyed it!  ***There is no spell check here, so please proofread carefully.
  9. If you are not finished – “save as a draft” – if you are ready to publish (I need to approve it) – Hit “submit for review”