COSMIC DAY

“I WISH YOU’D HOLD MY HAND, THEN EVERYTHING IT COULD BE- THERE’S NOTHING STRANGE, WE’RE NOT DERANGED, WE ONLY WANT EVERYDAY, TO BE OR TO BE A COSMIC DAY” ~COSMIC DAY BY PRINCE

“COSMIC DAY” is yet another one of my pieces that meshes together fiction and reality. Consistently throughout the image, my version of stars is prevalent in the form of crosses and dots, the colour being picked from the image through the dropper tool, made to be idealistically lighter than everything else in the image. The image is meant to be a surrealistic blur, filled with excitement and an existential eagerness that isn’t featured in many other pieces of work. The main tone this image is meant to carry is an awareness of all things unrealistic and a breakthrough of reality, trudging into the dangerous waters of dreams and fiction, surely and determinedly meant to show the creativity present in unbridled minds. The colours are meant to show a vibrancy like no other, something truly unrealistic and everything is blurred to better represent that chaotic, spiritual energy present in all of us but to never be quite imagined or brought forth; which is why there is a drawn eye on the camera, representative of the fact that such a thing is meant to be sheer imagination and this fictitious reality is only something I hope to capture but something I never will. It is meant to be completely nonsensical and you are meant to be looking into my skull through this image and I am to capture you, as if you are a spectacle in this piece, engaging you in my masterpiece. This image was attained through vast means. First, I copied the visage of an individual and pasted it onto a separate layer, keen on utilizing it in the future; then I brought an image from Prince’s song Cosmic Day into the image and I placed it underneath the photographer layer. With the image of Prince’s Cosmic Day present, I used the filter tool and spherized it to add perspective to the image to match what it had been in the previous, dull image. After doing such things, I began erasing a few parts so the framing of the original photo was present. I made adjustments to the vibrancy, saturation, exposure, and other such things in an attempt to mesh the image together in a way that was truly indictive of passion and strange thoughts. It was a simple matter of adding the stars and speckles after that and then I was done. For the original image, the camera settings are as follows: shutter speed goes as 1/4 sec., the f/stop being at f/10, and the ISO being a measly 200. Everything in this image was carefully formulated to be drowned in night life and artistry, meant to show the inhibited colour and blur featured in my mind, something I am proud of. The fact that after all these nihilistic years, my creativity and solipsism heavy inner self has not withered and died, even if such a thing isn’t displayed to the other humans that see me.

One thought on “COSMIC DAY

1. Asal I like how you edited this picture. It looks really amazing, and the drums you added in the background are really amazing. Also, I like the color scheme, it gives out the 90s vibe and it makes it look really retro. GOOD JOBB!!!