Orange you glad its Sunday?

This soothing picture was taken with an f/stop of 2.2 at 1/15 of a second, with an ISO of 200. It is a wonderfully captured photo, especially after enhancing the contrast and color hues in photoshop. I composed this photo outside on my porch when the sun was setting. There was less light, so I kept the shutter open for longer, and decided to keep a low ISO. This was done in order to preserve the natural composition of the photo, which would have been disrupted if I had used a high ISO, due to the graininess that comes with it. It can also be noted that I kept a large depth of field by using a larger f/stop since the sky is in complete focus. This image is a partial silhouette, which suits it well considering that the light is only coming from one direction. Their is great deal of contrast between the colors in the sky, and that they are also exceptionally vibrant. The biggest challenge I faced was creating the focus around the sky with the fewest distractions. In the end, having a low ISO created a partial silhouette, which made the objects less distracting. It prevented the detailed objects from being shown, therefore there is nothing to exactly look at, except the sky. In overall, the event was mesmerizing, especially with the wind blowing in my face.

2 thoughts on “Orange you glad its Sunday?

1. Loved how you captured the different colors of the sky. I love how the dark grey/blue contrast with the pinkish orange colors, as it makes it very appealing. I think if you were to adjust some of the colors in photoshop to help them stand out will help capture more of the viewers attention.

2. I love the way you use color and value in this picture! It is so beautiful!!! I really enjoy the bright vibrancy of the colors against the black values of the buildings and trees. Not only that but the bright hotspot created by the sun stands out against the darkness too! I would suggest having the picture a bit more in focus, despite that I thoroughly enjoy this image.