Before You Bloom

I composed this photograph outside on a bright spring morning. The dark leaves and stems of the buds contrasted the white and light pink buds. The stems of the leaves and buds also add an element of line to this particular photo considering that they lead a viewer’s eyes towards my subject. An element of texture is also visible within this photo considering the leaves and the texture visible within them. The background is also blurred and that also guides a viewer’s eyes towards my subject and prevents them from getting distracted. I choose to take this photo very up close to my subject because I wanted my audience to feel as though this scene is taking place right in front of them. However, I would like to disclaim that this image was taken on my cell-phone therefore, I couldn’t get the f-stop, ISO, and shutter speed. Lastly, I would like to add that I infer that this image has a very low f-stop and a low ISO considering that it was a very bright day and this image has a very small depth of field.